West Fargo Cleanup Week Rules
- Stack all refuse in a neat and orderly fashion, separating household waste, inert, and metal into separate piles.
- Logs must be less than 4 feet long and 10 inches across.
- We collect tires, appliances and batteries at the curb all year long on garbage pickup days. Up to six tires will be accepted curbside and at the transfer station for residents only.
- Building materials will be collected; except for concrete and dirt.
- Waste oil, paints, varnishes and other household hazardous waste should always be taken directly to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 606 43 1/2 St. N., Fargo. (Checkout the product reuse room filled with free products while you are there!)
- Do not put yard waste or compost with your regular garbage or with Cleanup Week collection items. (See below for yard waste and compost disposal options.)
- Recycling needs to be separated from any garbage or clean up week materials.
- Electronics such as televisions and computers should not be set out for pickup. Instead, please recycle them during the Electronics Recycling Event on Saturday, September 12 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Fargo Solid Waste, 2301 8th Ave. N. For more information, call 701-241-1449. Residents can also take one television and one computer, per household, per month, to the household hazardous waste facility.
- All garbage placed outside of the garbage collection bin must be bagged and tied shut.
West Fargo Transfer Station
The City of West Fargo Transfer Station is located at 1620 West Main Avenue and is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. year-round. During Cleanup Week, the Transfer Station is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. This facility is able to accept all Cleanup Week products that residents of West Fargo would like to drop off, in addition to dirt and concrete. Questions can be directed to 701-433-5400 or 701-306-8922.
Yard Waste and Compost
West Fargo has four drop-off sites for yard waste and compost. Do not put yard waste and compost with your regular garbage or with Cleanup Week collection items.
The sites are located at 17th Street E. (between Second Avenue E. and Starr Avenue), Transfer Station at 1620 Main Ave W, City of West Fargo water tower at 40th Avenue W. and Sheyenne Street, and the City of West Fargo sanitation building at 117 Eighth Street W. (by water tower off 2nd Ave W).